2.4.1 thus far.
Its not for newbie for sure....I tried to keep the kernel itself small by
using modules, but my Ethernet card did not work. The module ends up in this
place /lib/modules/2.4.1/kernel/drivers/net/tulip.

The same happened with sound (emu10k1). The only way I got around this was by
building it into the kernel, however it looks as though joystick support has
gone out of the window, at least for now...Ethernet card worked only when
built in too.

The easiest part was actually the Nvidia graphics card, all I had to do was
re-make the driver from source.

Overall its probably best to wait for SuSE 7.1, unless you want to spend the
time and take the risks. Although everything should have some sort of
workaround.

Matt

< Previous Next >