Re: [SLE] EMERGENCY - CANNOT BOOT MAIN SYSTEM!
  • From: Oliver Ob <ob_ok@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:03:27 +0100
I did some more testing:

I tried to "fake-install" linux, means: I deleted /dev/hda1 and reinstalled it
right after that - without saving partition data between these tasks.
I continued yast-install without (!) formatting /dev/hda1

all in all: the partition table is o.k. (according to fdisk, /dev/hda1 is type
6 FAT, ok)
the file allocation table on /dev/hda1 is destroyed
the SECOND fat is maybe in order
i do not know how to access fat2 and copy its data to fat1
remember: /dev/hda1 is DOS

i tried to manually mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/c
and error is: "/dev/hda1 has wrong major or minor number"

AARRGGGH

sorry....