Re: [SLE] EMERGENCY - CANNOT BOOT MAIN SYSTEM!
  • From: Oliver Ob <ob_ok@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:10:53 +0100
Charles A Edwards schrieb:

> Oliver

Here!

> Unless you can stiil boot to your linux installation and copy your Win
> files from there you do not have many options.

I agree, that in fact is my desaster...

> I will offer a couple:
>
> 1)Attach a 2nd hd as master with your existing hd set to slave. Install Win
> on the new drive and copy your files from the old Win to the new Win, as
> long as your old Win partition still exist you can access it from any other
> bootable Win partition on the same machine.

It exists, but with format set to "UNKNOWN", see below.

> 2)Buy PQ Lost and Found and use it to recover your data

Is there any evaluation version? Where can I obtain it from?

> 3)Use PartitionMagic to resize and move your current Win partition and
> create a new C partition and install Win to it. You can they copy and/or
> access your files from the old Win to the new Win.

As long as 1) (see there) applies, I cannot access the old partition.

I need a program which is capable of accessing damaged partitions WITHOUT using

the partition table/fat