Nvidia GTS and Xfree86 4.02 problems
  • From: matthew <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:37:40 -0800 (PST)
Good day,

Having major problems getting this one to work. I follow the
instructions but can never get the NVidia driver to load (it shows up on
lsmod). The last time I tried I got a strange modprobe query. I loaded the
NVidia driver via insmod, then tried modprobe, still came up saying that
the module was not loaded, tried modprobe again and it seemed to load it
again! Lsmod showed the module was loaded, but moprobe did not complain to
say it was loaded already. /etc/modules.conf has the NVidia line
installed...

Anyone got any ideas? this is frustrating...I am using the sources of the
SuSE ftp site.

With many thanks,

Matthew