Re: [SLE] still can't get www.suse.com
  • From: Michael Radziej <mir@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:58:30 +0100
On Tue, Jan 02, Joseph Zieniewicz wrote:

> I still can't get on www.suse.com

Everything points to errors on side of alter.net. SuSE is not a direct
customer of them, we have opened a trouble ticket from our provider, they
opened a ticket on their upstream provider and so on. Your provider could
do the same. It's a cheap excuse to blame the other party if you don't know
what's happening. Actually, it's a kind of backbone problem at alter.net.
Only some sites have problems reaching us. Complaints from their ISPs to
alter.net might help.

> 2. In the past I received about 60 messages from suse-linux-e
> and now I get 0. I got on www.suse.de/en/ and tried to get
> on any list. When you try to go on the list it goes to www.suse.com
> where all the lists are and I get no response.

This depends on your actual mail setup. If you have a backup mail host inside
the "SuSE-reachable net", mail will arrive to you. Since suse.com has a
mail backup host in Germany with different routing to suse.com, mail will
reach us in any case now (since yesterday).

> 3. I can't send e-mail to suse.

You can. This mail proves :-)

> 4. I am using netscape 7 to read my mail and in the inbox there are
> no messages but if you look at the left panel, there are "16 unread
> and 1 total". Very strange. When I get new mail and delete all the
> mail I still have "16 Unread and 1 total". Where are they? Are these
> lost suse.com messages?

This is unrelated, dunno what's up.

> 5. Is there any way to forward suse-linux-e messages through suse.de/en/

Mail should work. If problems persist, we will set up special mail routing.
I hope alter.net is not _that_ slow.

Cheers,

Michael, sysadmin at SuSE Germany.

--

Results? Why man, I've got a lot of results.
I know several thousand things that won't work.