RE: [SLE] PPP Dial-in Server
  • From: phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Phil Shrimpton)
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:22:18 -0000

From: "Phil Shrimpton" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:22:18 -0000
Subject: RE: [SLE] PPP Dial-in Server

Hi,

> or bad cable?

> What kind of modem is it? It doesn't like your initialization
> string, as I see.

It is an ELSA Microlink 56K external. I have checked the supported hardware
list and all other ELSA modems are supported (This one is a new model). I
also checked with ELSA, and they said it works fine under Linux, but they
don't support it (only Windows and Mac).

> I would like to look at your /etc/ppp/options file. Two things
> should be there:

Thanks, I have sent it privately.

Cheers

Phil