Re: [SLE] Printing problem after upgrade to 7.0
  • From: juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx (juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 21:03:01 +0100

From: juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 21:03:01 +0100
Subject: Re: [SLE] Printing problem after upgrade to 7.0

Guido Milanese wrote:

> On 03-Dec-00 Tor Sigurdsson wrote:

Hi Guido,

I do not know wether I prior replyed to that thread, I have still a few
hundred messages left to go through...

I was seeing similar problems, and I was [censored] with SuSE support on
that matter. After investigating a few days, it was a permission problem
on /etc/rc.config (660 root.root). Apsfilter sources /etc/rc.config to
find out wether a2ps is used or something else. That failed for the
obvious reason of permissions, wereas I could happy print i.e.
postscript files as normal user, everything but text.

changing these permissions cured it.

Juergen

--
Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@xxxxxx| -o)/ / (_)__ __ ____ __