Mailinglist Archive: opensuse (1784 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
SuSE KDE2.0.1 rpm questions
- From: jerrykreps@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jerry Kreps)
- Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:51:16 -0600
- Message-id: <00120608511603.06798@JLKreps>
From: Jerry Kreps <jerrykreps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:51:16 -0600
Subject: SuSE KDE2.0.1 rpm questions
I've just downloaded the KDE 2.0.1 bug fixes on the SuSE ftp site.
I had previously downloaded and compiled QtFree 2.2.2 from the
TollTech site. It includes the designer, etc, and was compiled dynamic.
I also turned on the graphics switches for jpg, png, mng and gif, which
were NOT in the the previous SuSE KDE2 install, rendering Konqueror
and several other graphic apps unable to display jpg and other formats.
I have a few questions:
1) Unlike the previous SuSE KDE2 release, there is no script to run
and no indication that any particular order of installation is desireable.
Order doesn't matter for this bug fix?
2) Would installing SuSE qt-devel rpm disable my qt-2.2.2 installation?
3) What does qt-exten add? Wouldn't I already have it since I downloaded
and installed the entire qt-2.2.2 tar ball from TollTech?
4) What does qt-freebies add? Wouldn't a complete install of QtFree 2.2.2
have installed these?
5) Since I had previously downloaded and installed QtFree 2.2.2 from TollTech,
and compiled for dynamic access, I don't think I should install qt-static... Yes? No?
6) TollTech's latest release of QtFree is 2.2.2. Your version of qt, under xdev1, is
labeled qt-2.2.2-1. Does this represent an upgrade released by TollTech or patches
by SuSE? If patches by SuSE should I install them? If they are static and not
dynamic this would blow my qt install away.
No doubt others on this list will have the same questions. Please advise.
Scientific theories, according to Sir Karl Popper, can be "falsified," or proven wrong, by experiment.
Unscientific theories -Marxist dialectical history and Freudian psychology were Popper's favorites-
are formed in such a way that they cannot be falsified by data.
|< Previous||Next >|