Re: [SLE] Printing problem after upgrade to 7.0

From: Niels Stenhoj <stenhoj@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:33:28 +0100
Subject: Re: [SLE] Printing problem after upgrade to 7.0

On Fri, 01 Dec 2000, you wrote:

> I am very upset with SuSE. I think I will back up my files,
> erase everything in the Linux partition and install Corel. I am
> also sorry because, since I teach in an educational department,
> I was thinking to start a big campaing for Open Source and so on
> in Italian schools -- but how can I do it, if paid support
> offered by the most popular Linux distribution in Italy is so
> weak? Besides that, I tried to persuade the SuSE support to print
> their manual in English if not in German -- their Italian is so
> horrible that I often must translate it back to German in order
> to understand it.

I'd rather recommend reinstalling 6.4. The Corel distro looks good
on the polished surface, but it's rather tricky to set up if you wish
work normally, and then of course, it lacks the large amount of
packages.

On the other hand I aggree with you that the printer setup is
unsmart in 7.0.

Cheers,

Niels