Re: [SLE] mac osX The end of Linux?
  • From: poggif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Fabrizio Poggi)
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:09:16 +0100

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:09:16 +0100
From: Fabrizio Poggi <poggif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [SLE] mac osX The end of Linux?

At 20.22 09/11/00 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi everyone.
>
>I saw mac osX at a local fair here in Madrid. The demonstrator told me
that it
>would do away with Linux since it had a far superior desktop, designed by
>professionals. And that anyway, all unix based systems would buy it because
>they have never had a proper desktop like a mac. I told him that KDE2 was
>available now, that it worked and it too was designed by professionals.
>Nonsense, he said. Where is the graphics package I asked, wanting to play a
>little... But by then it was getting late.
>
>Or am I missing something?
>
>Long may we be rid of the nonsense!
>
>Steve.

they say the same thing since 20 years: the apple superiority, the only
real desktop, wanna pay more for our excellence (--Nope, don't want--)?...
They say "welcome" to W95 for joke, and now may think that Linux is just a
penguin called Tux...
We know the story: Apple was superior, was too much sure, was wrong. My
Uncle Bill of Seattle *loves* applejuices. And now has also spend money for
have another applejuice. Steve Jobs was and is now the only good thing of
Apple. No, I'm forgetting the greatest case design:) Don't know why he
don't join to us... Personally, I never feel me at home in front of a Mac
and I've ever feel a nuance of elitarism in the Apple policy. WindowMaker
do all the things I need to do on a desktop, with KDE1 I feel like to brand
a *weapon*!!! It's far sufficient for me...

Best Regards,
Fabrizio