Re: [SLE] Replacing MS/Exchange
  • From: jam@xxxxxxxx (Jay Migliaccio)
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:40:38 -0800

* Kaare Rasmussen (kar@xxxxxxxxxx) [001029 01:33]:
> > POP/IMAP daemon but the calendar/shared folders isn't as obvious. Would
> > appreciate any advice on what products in the SuSE 7.0 distribution could
>
> There's no integrated solution like Exchange. Like you say, the mail can be
> handled by any MTA (sendmail, qmail, ...).

<SHAMELESS PLUG>
Or you could wait another month and get the SuSE Linux Mailserver:

- Postfix MTA :-)
- Cyrus IMAP server :-)
- IMP Web interface (client and Administrative) :-)
- Fully OpenLDAP integrated :-)
- Works with your favorite mail client :-)
- No Groupware component yet :-(

Previews of coming attractions can be seen on our German site:

http://www.suse.de/en/produkte/susesoft/imas/index.html

</SHAMELESS PLUG>

> Shared folders - here you can use usenet news servers like DNews.
> For calendar, I think you have to use a web based solution. I've tried
> WebCal, which does most of what you need in general, but you can try them for
> yourself.
> The beauty of these solutions is that yoy can use any client software that
> you like.
>
> You can find all this software on freshmeat.net. If you proceed, I'd like to
> know how things are going.
>
> --

Yours sincerely,

Jay Migliaccio