[SLE] Permission problems
  • From: phthor@xxxxxxxx (nevada)
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:34:53 -0700

A problem has come up that I did not have before and it
has me pulling my hair. When I am logged in as user and
look at the properties/permission of a directory or file
in the users home direction, the owner is grayed out.
This means I am unable to add files to a directory.
'States cannot create file or a folder'. I do not know what
has caused this to change to a grayed out box. I don't
know where to look to see if something has been changed in
a file someplace to cause it to gray out. Sure it is a
permission problem, but what?

Also signed in as user and using kppp to connect to the
ISP. I have the box checked to save the password, but
it is not being saved. I have to enter the user name and
password each time. Could use some help in solving this
one also.

Any help in solving these problems will be appreciated.

Nevada

--
- - - Take Control of Your Life - - -
Cut up your Credit Cards in little bitty pieces