Re: [SLE] Use Local Support Database at 7.0
  • From: toganm@xxxxxxxx (Togan Muftuoglu)
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 18:57:25 +0300

juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> better use /etc/permissions.local for that, since it will all be gone
> with the next update. You realy get me searching now. ;-)

Found that portion also and compared wity my backups they are exactly
the same.Since I had a crashed harddisk and scratched 7.0 CD #3 and 4i I
ended up buying a new HD and a DVD (OK I was looking forward to it but
not that urgent)

> > Probably you are right with the permission as I am unable to get
> > permissions for /usr/local/man as normal user but root can access it.

After a fresh install now I have the help system and the Support
database working apache is running no problem .After the new
mod_php4.rpm upgrade from suse. apache complained with a wrong systax in
the httpd.conf but it ended up that apache wants the mysqlclientlib.so,
after installing it no problem it works cwith a charm (tuh tuh knock the
wood)

Well after the fresh install that still was the case. Now what I figured
out was /usr/local has permission off 700, contrary to what you
mentioned as 755 so I changed /usr/local to 0755 and now I can access
the man pages and the executables under /usr/local/bin.

The only thing I do not understand is why the installation made it to
0700 . Yet anyway now its functional. Thanks for the information.

Togan Muftuoglu
toganm@xxxxxxxx