[SLE] Use Local Support Database at 7.0
  • From: toganm@xxxxxxxx (Togan Muftuoglu)
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 10:49:38 +0300

Hi everyone,

After a fresh install of Suse 7.0 ( due to a hardisk faillure where I
had everything working almost perfectly with Suse 6.4), I have
encountered the
following problems.

1) Suse Help system does not work I receive error 403

At the Suse Site
describes the problem for 6.3. Therefore I checked my
/etc/httpd/httpd.conf file and realized that it is as described in the
article. So made the corrections.

(If it is a known issue in 6.3 why Suse does not correct it after two
versions )

2) OK got the new apache.rpm installed and here we go problems do start

You don't have permission to access / on

Who the hell is this is what is defined for server name in
the apache config

I believe this is a FEATURE not a bug

So far I have changed names for the linux box thru yast and let yast
handle all the updates thru suseconfig but this does not come to

So where do I begin to dig for corections to get the local help system
including Support database working and getting the

Togan Muftuoglu

100% MS FREE
Absolutely no component of Microsoft was used
in the generation or posting of this e-mail. So it is virus free