Re: [SLE] Need help installing Suse remotely
  • From: jlm@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jesse Marlin)
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 15:30:12 -0400 (EDT)

zentara writes:
> Jesse Marlin wrote:
> >
> > I have installed 6.4 twice now, but alas one of my machines does not have
> > a CD. So I tried to install via ftp, and it said I needed 72MB of ram.
> > Huh, this is a bit extreme isn't it. I only have 64Mb on that machine so
> > is there a way to get around this.
> >
> > I also tried to install via NFS which I do have working for all my other
> > machines. I get something like "connection refused, reason given by
> > server". I have looked on the server and it gives no reason. The IP
> > is on the same subnet as the other machines, and I do refuse all connections
> > from other subnets.
> >

> Is /cdrom listed in your nfs server /etc/exports?

No, but I mounted the cdrom in a directory that was being exported.
/data1 is exported and I mounted the cdrom in /data1/cdrom. Could it
be some network settings I am supplying. It asks for a nameserver, gateway,
etc. This machine used to be the gateway, and so the gateway is currently
unavailable. The server has a hosts file and I have experienced problems with
reverse-mappings before. So if the host requests something via NFS it better
be reverse-mapped somewhere, right? I guess I will have to investigate
further.