RE: [SLE] Upgrade worth it?

Hi there,
I thought I'd add a little something into my rant from last week. FreeBSD is not
only cheaper but comes with 2,000 packages (the extra 6 CD's) on top of the main
distribution packages (first 4 CD's).
Now, I can't attest to the quality or the ease-of-use of FreeBSD, nor would I
want to switch from Linux, but that means two of the "other" guys (FreeBSD along
with Slackware) both offer comparable amounts of stuff for less money. And, if
ease of use is the excuse, once again, look at Windows ME Quick Jump for Windows
98 at just $49 (at stores).

I'll quit ranting for now, but I still can't understand why SuSE is suddenly
worth so much more (30-40 $ is a big big hike)...

Still ranting at the fact that open source ain't cheap any more...

-Tim

Timothy R. Butler Universal Networks
Information Tech. Consultant Christian Web Services Since 1996
ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm An Authorized IPSwitch Reseller
tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.uninetsolutions.com