Re: [SLE] Re: kde 2 final & kde 1.x apps
  • From: eugene_tyurin@xxxxxxxxx (Eugene Tyurin)
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 21:42:57 -0400

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 01:06:42PM +1100, paul.c.leopardi@xxxxxx
wrote:

> Eugene, If you do move things around like this, and you then
> update to SuSE 7.0, using the "Update exising system" method in
> Yast (section 15.1,3 of the SuSE Linux 6.4 manual) I suspect that
> the update will fail for KDE.

Paul,

I guess I'm a bit too old-fashioned to care about this rpm crap.

If I ever decide to upgrade to 7.0 without wiping out the partition,
I'd simply rm -rf /opt/kde*. Yast does rpm --force anyway... After
that it's simply a matter of merging $HOME/.kde with $HOME/.kde2

But I don't plan to upgrade to 7.x until it includes 2.4.x kernel!
;^)

By the way, if any SuSE marketing people are reading this, here's my
little rant. I paid for 6.4, but never registered, 'cos I'm on a
crusade against direct marketing. Releasing a 7.0 before 2.4.0
kernel is a bit misleading, isn't it. What are you going to do in a
couple of months - release SuSE 8.0?

--
ET.