[SLE] Graphical login - windowmanagers

Although I usually do not use the graphical login (w/ kdm) I was
messing around with it a few days ago and noticed that no matter
which window manager I chose from the drop-down list, it would
only start KDE. The only way I could get another WM to start is
like the following (from console login):

WINDOWMANAGER=gnome startx

I'm pretty sure I've seen this on the list before, but I could not find
it by searching the archives. I would guess that some script somewhere
has gotten corrupted, but I have no idea what to look for. If anyone knows
how/where this is handled I would appreciate any info.

Thanks,

Mike
Michael Cleary
UNIX Qualification and Commands