Re: [SLE] Compiling Kernel????

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Jerry VB wrote:

> Thanks for the tip, that is what I want. However, I'm trying to compile
> kernel linux-2.2.16.SuSE-21 and not having very much luck. Every time I
> recompile & reboot it never builds any modules for my SB-16 card.
> Shouldn't a SB-16 card be rather easy? Plus, I get other errors as
> mentioned in my first post. I've gone through the menuconfig setup over
> and over with no luck. i can't figure it out. To frustrating, I think
> I'll just give up and stay with the 2.2.14 kernel.

take a look at the .config file in /usr/src/linux. See if it's
actually writing the right option out. No real need to do a make proper
to begin with. I think it just wipes out your .config file. IMHO not
something you really want. So skip that step but that shouldn't be your
problem. Doesn't SuSE still have make xconfig available to root? Try
that instead. It's a little easier to see everything.

Nick