Re: [SLE] Compiling Kernel????
  • From: jerryvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jerry VB)
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 08:30:31 -0700

Well guys, I am totally frustrated. it doesn't matter what I try, I get
the same errors every time. I know I selected devpts and my sound card
as a module. It's just not creating the modules correctly, don't know
why. Here's my procedure:

1. make mrproper
2. make menuconfig
3. make dep
4. make clean
5. make bzImage
6. make modules
7. make modules_install
8. copy bzImage to /boot
9. run lilo using YAST(so I can out it on a floppy)
10. reboot

What am I doing wrong?

Frustrated,
Jerry

Nick, sorry for sending this directly to you, didn't mean to.