Re: [SLE] Reiser FS
  • From: mha@xxxxxxxx (Michael Hasenstein)
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:54:36 -0700

Greg Thomas wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Jerry VB wrote:
>
> > Hello SuSErs,
> >
> > What are the pros & cons of using Reiser FS. Anybody have any opinions
> > one way or the other. Is it worth it to use it on just a home desktop
> > PC?
> >

> No, I don't think it's there yet. no quotas, no dump, and there are
> still warnings on the utilities like reiserfsck that they should only be
> used if you have seriously messed up your filesystem. I had some bizarre
> problem last weekend and it was a nightmare to fix.

Cannot agree. For big partitions, use ReiserFS. I always install it. It
was used during Oracle 8i certification. We have it on our own >150 GB
production servers, and if there are busy machines, those are the ones.
Many, many customers use it, both desktop and server.

Use the 7.0 kernel, it has many bugfixes compared to the 6.4 one.