Re: [SLE] Working/reccomended network cards

It's funny that you had problems setting up your Linksys card. I just plugged mine in, added a line to conf.modules and away it went. No problem. Perhaps my card is one of the older tulip cards that didn't need any driver tweeking. I got it as part of a Linksys Ethernet in a Box package. Two NICS and a 4 port hub for a really great price (£70 ukp on special offer in a local shop about a year ago). I suppose it could also be something to do with particular mobo/chipsets and these cards and I was lucky although my M$ box has a dodgy FIC AMD K6/2 mobo and the Linksys card works OK with that too. Oh well, the joys of the crap PC architecture.

By the way, I also had the same ease of setup with my DLink card too.

Sean.