Mailinglist Archive: opensuse (2407 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
Re: [SLE] Files systems
- From: dahlqvist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Anders Dahlqvist)
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:54:02 GMT
- Message-id: <20000822.10540200@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
1. As root, open a virtual console or xterm.
2. Give the commands
cd /usr/src/linux;make cloneconfig; make menuconfig
3. In the menu-based program you're in go to File systems
4. Choose support for the additional file-systems you want.
5. While you're at it take a look at other options. You might want to
some other things, such as Processor type and features for example.
6. When you're done, choose Exit at the bottom line
7. Answer yes to the question wether you want to save the kernel
8. Give the following commands
make dep clean modules modules_install bzlilo; init 6
Take a cup of coffee. When the computer reboots your new kernel is
This is one way of configuring and compiling the kernel. There are
This requires that you have the kernel sources, which you might not have
since you installed from
You can download the sources, but if you want to do more than just try
i recommend that you buy a full distribution. It's definitely worth it.
If yast is included in the ISOimage you can fire it up thus:
yast --mask install
and then choose Install packages, source FTP. This will take you
(if you have an internet connection) to SuSe's update site.
You have a choice of two kernels - 2.2.14 and 2.2.16. The sources are
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ursprungligt meddelande <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
"Delbaere, Tim" <TXDELBAE@xxxxxxxxxx> skrev 2000-08-22, kl. 10.46.56
angående ämnet [SLE] Files systems:
> I have just come back to try Linux, and have now installed SuSE 6.4 from
> the ISO file. I installed what I thought was quite a good system, but I
> can't mount any of my other disk drives, fat, fat32 and NTFS.
> I get an error telling me that this is not compiled into the kernel. When
> tried SuSE a while ago, this was in by default.
> How do I get access to these drives.
> Tim Delbaere
> Architectural Cad Department
> Phone (020) 7681 5182 Mail 4WE
> Yac (07092) 202677
> To unsubscribe send e-mail to suse-linux-e-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxx
> For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
> Also check the FAQ at http://www.suse.com/support/faq
To unsubscribe send e-mail to suse-linux-e-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxx
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the FAQ at http://www.suse.com/support/faq
|< Previous||Next >|