[SLE] Re: [OT] Commentary: More on Linux
  • From: hatridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (James (Jim) Hatridge)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:45:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Jack Barnett wrote:

> Maybe we could put an "[OT]" tag in the subject line of all "off topic"
> related discussion (that is nothing directly related to SuSE Linux techinal
> questions). That way if someone is downloading off a 9600bps modem they can
> use promail to filter out all the "junk" by sending anything with "[OT]" in
> the subject line to /dev/null ??

I don't think this would help... If I understand procmail correctly it
does not filter until the post has been d/l'ed. So you're still wasteing
connect time.

BUT I want to say that expect for a couple of sex spams we've had over the
past three years or so we stay on topic very good. Also I kind of like
Fred putting up links list this. Here in Germany I pay for every minute
I'm on the phone so I miss allot of good stuff. He points out things that
I'm sometimes interested in. Plus he does not take up a lot of connect
time, just the title and link. What bits my ass is you guys that say "me
too" and quote 100 lines. Lets take care of that before we jump on Fred,
OK?

Later!

Jim Hatridge
hatridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Proud Linux User #88484

VOTE Harry Browne
www.HarryBrowne2000.org and www.lp.org

Jim's Beowulf Project
Looking for giveaway computers and parts
I need it all!
Email Jim for details on
how you can help build a poor man's super computer.