Re: [SLE] SuSE 7 Deluxe now vmware talk
  • From: fountai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Derek Fountain)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:06:18 +0100

> I hope that the SuSE and VMWare marriage will produce
> a stable VMWare. Ever since 6.2, VMWare has locked my
> system at least once a week, to the point I can't use
>
> because my 2.2.14-SMP kernel didn't match the 2.3.46
> discriptors. Now, I have rebuilt the 2.2.14-SMP, and

You're not the only one. Vmware locks my system every so
often. It's pretty annoying. I'm still using Vmware-1.0 at
work and it's faultless on a single processor machine. My
SMP machine at home runs Vmware-2 and it's unreliable.
Vmware-1.0 on my SMP machine never crashed once as I recall.
I wonder if there's a race in V2 which causes a deadlock on
SMP?

Sadly I have little choice but to use it.