Re: [SLE] LinkSys 10/100Mb card and HOWTO
  • From: eduardo.carriles@xxxxxxxxxxx (Eduardo Carriles)
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 06:19:12 +0200

Hi Gary,

Gary Kline wrote:

> [snip...]
> The friends I gave 6.4 are far, far from where I am, and
> I believe I do have everything since I virtually emptied
> all the CD's onto my 10GB drive.
> /usr/src/linux has 88012 blocks of files... so hopefully....

Better first read related info first in "SDB (English): Welcome to the SuSE Support
knowledgebase" at:
searching for "kernel".

And important, do backup your currently installed Kernel with the related files,
"make kernel; install kernel;" and "reboot..."
Just in case.
And configure a new Lilo entry for the current (as backed up).

> Worst case, I'll wait until 7.0 is out next month. The
> project I've been hacking at for 4 years and want to port
> to Linux [ ]] can wait. In fact,
> it can wait several months.
> gary

Best regards,
Eduardo Carriles

[-- Better a smile than a flame --]
(Long time SuSE-Linux [preferred distro] user).
[-- Se me nota mucho? -- Notices me much?]
[-- Have a lot of fun...]