[SLE] Website chat application ...( Offtopic,its just that i feel comfortable with this group of Linux users ! )
  • From: a_jalan@xxxxxxxx (Anurag Jalan)
  • Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 17:50:41 +0530

Hi all,

Our website is hosted at Hostpro on a dedicated P-III , 600 MHz server
with
256 Mb RAM , and 50 GB monthly bandwidth ..

I am looking for a chat server application that has all the standard
fetaures , multiple
room creation , and some amount of monitoring features built in ,
because ours is a site
for school children..

The PHP3/MySQl application i was looking at .. takes up 1.5-2Mb of RAM
per user,
which is simply too much for us..............

I don't mind a 3rd party solution ( we use Bigmailbox.com for HTML email
)......

All suggestions would be gratefully accepted :)

Regards

Anurag