Re: [SLE] Corel - some good news for a change
  • From: fountai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Derek Fountain)
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 09:00:24 +0100

They do. But they get along fine. I was running Corel
Photopaint 9 and Toppage together last night on my laptop
and they were both quite happy. They didn't share the same
Wineserver so proper integration wasn't possible, and there
was obviously a lot of duplication in memory, but that's
primarily because Toppage is still in beta.

It seems the only people who have problems are those who
have Wine installed already. I think it's because Wine dumps
its libraries in /usr/lib or somewhere early in the library
search path. Corel's and IBM's stuff see those before the
ones they are supposed to see.

Have you tried setting an LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the
correct Winelibs for the app? Also, do you have a .wine in
your home directory, or a winerc somewhere?