[SLE] Disappearing DVD
  • From: nick.gaunt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (GAUNT Dr N, Cons Microbiologist PHLS)
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 14:51:33 +0100

Hi

I have a SCSI DVD drive as LUN 3 and a CDRW drive as LUN 4 on my system.
However, since I upgraded to SUSE 6.4 the DVD is no longer recognized when
booting Linux, so that attempts to mount it return an error that the major
and minor numbers are wrong. The CDRW is still accessible.

The drive is detected by the Adaptec 2940U2W card on boot, and is accessible
to NT when that is booted instead of Linux.

It therefore appears to be a driver problem - any suggestions on how to
track down and cure this?

Nick Gaunt