Re: [SLE] CD to mp3 programs
  • From: matth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Matthew R. Hamilton)
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:59:58 -0500 (CDT)

I have used ripperX gui. This uses the pluggins to do the ripping and
encoding of audio tracks from your CDs to mp3 format files. I use the
cdparanoia III ripper pluggin and the BladeEnc MP3 Encoder plugin with the
settings: 128k BitRate and High Quality mode checked and get really nice
quality MP3 files. I have encoded about 8 of my CDs so far. The only
thing is the encoding process does take a long time and is VERY cpu
intensive, but that is to be expected of the MP3 encoding process.

Matthew R. Hamilton / Senior Associate ENS
Installation/Integration Engineer
Convergys Corporation