Re: [SLE] Windows Emulators
  • From: Rik.Dunphy@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Rik Dunphy)
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:18:42 +0100

<snip>

> One of the many reasons I am trying Linux is to see if my
> CDROM's will work using WINE. ---These CDROM's are fairly
> simple: graphics and *.wav file to teach French, so these
> would probably be supported, though I'm not certain.
>
> My question, nutshell: What's the magic to configure WINE
> in my /home/kline directory? I copied the system-wide WINE
> config file... but now what?

Not too sure what you want to know...

But here is what I have done and maybe you can work off it.
First I've created a seperate partition for emulators (WINE UAE etc..) and
have set up the following windows directories
/emu/win/windows
/emu/win/windows/system
/emu/win/temp
/emu/win/program files
/emu/win/utils

Copy the wine.conf to your home directory as .winerc and edit to include
any
necessary drives.

I've included below a copy of my .winerc file. I'm in the process of
updating it to work with the newest release of wine (wine20000526) that I
grabbed a few days ago, so if it looks different that's why (and it may not
work fully...). Up until now I've been using one that's been about 1 year
old so hopefully this should get me up and running with newer apps?!

Hope this helps.

RikD

/home/rik/.winrc

[Drive A]
Path=/mnt/fd0
Type=floppy
Label=Floppy
Serial=87654321
Device=/dev/fd0

[Drive C]
Path=/emu/win
Type=hd
Label=MS-DOS
Filesystem=win95

[Drive D]
Path=/mnt/dvdrom
Type=cdrom
Label=DVD-ROM
Filesystem=win95
Device=/dev/dvdrom

[Drive E]
Path=/mnt/cdrw
Type=cdrom
Label=CD-Writer
Filesystem=win95
Device=/dev/cdrw

[Drive H]
Path=${HOME}
Type=network
Label=Home
Filesystem=win95

[Drive T]
Path=/tmp
Type=hd
Label=Tmp Drive
Filesystem=win95

[wine]
Windows=c:\windows
System=c:\windows\system
Temp=c:\temp
Path=c:\windows;c:\windows\system;c:\utils;c:\temp
Profile=c:\windows\Profiles\Rik
SymbolTableFile=./wine.sym

[DllDefaults]
EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${HOME}/wine/cvs/lib
DefaultLoadOrder = native, builtin, elfdll, so

[DllOverrides]
kernel32, gdi32, user32 = builtin
krnl386, gdi, user = builtin
toolhelp = builtin
comdlg32, commdlg = elfdll, builtin, native
version, ver = elfdll, builtin, native
shell32, shell = builtin, native
lz32, lzexpand = builtin, native
commctrl, comctl32 = builtin, native
wsock32, winsock = builtin
advapi32, crtdll, ntdll = builtin, native
mpr, winspool.drv = builtin, native
ddraw, dinput, dsound = builtin, native
winmm, mmsystem = builtin
msvideo, msvfw32 = builtin, native
mcicda.drv, mciseq.drv = builtin, native
mciwave.drv = builtin, native
mciavi.drv, mcianim.drv = native, builtin
msacm.drv, midimap.drv = builtin, native
w32skrnl = builtin
wnaspi32, wow32 = builtin
system, display, wprocs = builtin
wineps = builtin
icmp = builtin

[x11drv]
; Number of colors to allocate from the system palette
AllocSystemColors = 256
; Use a private color map
PrivateColorMap = N
; Favor correctness over speed in some graphics operations
PerfectGraphics = Y
; Color depth to use on multi-depth screens
ScreenDepth = 16
; Use XFree86 DGA extension if present
UseDGA = Y
; Use XShm extension if present
UseXShm = Y
; Enable DirectX mouse grab
DXGrab = N

[fonts]
;Read documentation/fonts before adding aliases
Resolution = 96
Default = -adobe-times-

[serialports]
Com1=/dev/ttyS0
Com2=/dev/ttyS1
Com3=/dev/modem,38400
Com4=/dev/modem

[parallelports]
Lpt1=/dev/lp0

[spooler]
LPT1:=!lpr
LPT2:=/dev/lp1
LPT3:=/dev/lp3

[ports]
;read=0x779,0x379,0x280-0x2a0
;write=0x779,0x379,0x280-0x2a0

[spy]
Exclude=WM_SIZE;WM_TIMER;

[registry]
; Paths must be given in /dir/dir/file.reg format.
; Wine will not understand dos file names here...
; alternate registry file name: HKCU
AltCurrentUserFile=
; alternate registry file name: HKU
AltUserFile=
; alternate registry file name: HKLM
AltLocalMachineFile=

;These are all booleans. Y/y/T/t/1 are true, N/n/F/f/0 are false.
;Defaults are read all, write to Home and Alt
;Note: it is pointless to specify alt files and neither load nor write to
them.
; Global registries (stored in /etc)
LoadGlobalRegistryFiles=Y
; Home registries (stored in ~user/.wine/)
LoadHomeRegistryFiles=Y
; Load above registries.
LoadAltRegistryFiles=Y
; Load Windows registries from the Windows directory
LoadWindowsRegistryFiles=Y
; TRY to write all changes to home registries
WritetoHomeRegistryFiles=Y
; TRY to write all changes to alt registries
WritetoAltRegistryFiles=Y
; Use new file format
UseNewFormat=N

[Tweak.Layout]