Re: [SLE] swap
  • From: randy@xxxxxxxxxx (Randy Rathbun)
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:13:06 -0500 (CDT)

To see if a swap partition is running, you can use top or free. If it
shows anything in swap, it is running.

Now, to get a swap running, do this:
edit /etc/fstab and add this as the second line
/dev/hda3 swap swap defaults 0 0

The reason I say second line is that normally the root partition is on the
first line. It just makes things nicer in the file

Now that the line is there, do

wapon /dev/hda3

Now do free. You should see stuff in the swap part of the output.

Randy Rathbun
randy@xxxxxxxxxx
http://rrr.2y.net/

If Bill Gates had a nickle for every time Windows crashed...
Oh, wait, he does!
- from a slashdot.org post