Re: [SLE] comanche not starting...
  • From: alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alex Angerhofer)
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:14:55 -0500 (EST)

> Daniel_Casey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I set the DISPLAY variable to the hostname/IP address of my SuSE box and I
>> get:
>>
>> /usr/lib/comanche ~
>> Xlib: connection to "deimos:0.0" refused by server
>> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
>> Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display "deimos:0..0"
>> Error in startup script: invalid command name "wm"
>> while executing
>> "wm withdraw ."
>> (file "main.tcl" line 1)
>>
> It seems like you´re not running X. Are you?

No, I believe he is running X. It is probably an Xauthorization
failure. I am getting the same thing when I try to run an X application
using sudo. I am also running into problems using xhost from within my
own X server which is really annoying. It doesn't happen if I start X as
root, which is something I don't usually do, however.

If you find a solution to the problem I'd be very interested to learn
about it as it will probably solve my problem, too.

Best regards, Alex.

--
Dr. Alexander Angerhofer
Associate Professor of Chemistry