Re: [SLE] comanche not starting...
  • From: alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alex Angerhofer)
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:14:55 -0500 (EST)

> Daniel_Casey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I set the DISPLAY variable to the hostname/IP address of my SuSE box and I
>> get:
>> /usr/lib/comanche ~
>> Xlib: connection to "deimos:0.0" refused by server
>> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
>> Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display "deimos:0..0"
>> Error in startup script: invalid command name "wm"
>> while executing
>> "wm withdraw ."
>> (file "main.tcl" line 1)
> It seems like you´re not running X. Are you?

No, I believe he is running X. It is probably an Xauthorization
failure. I am getting the same thing when I try to run an X application
using sudo. I am also running into problems using xhost from within my
own X server which is really annoying. It doesn't happen if I start X as
root, which is something I don't usually do, however.

If you find a solution to the problem I'd be very interested to learn
about it as it will probably solve my problem, too.

Best regards, Alex.

Dr. Alexander Angerhofer
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Department of Chemistry