[SLE] Squid Authentication problem
  • From: wmmvdwee@xxxxxxxxxx (wmmvdwee)
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 19:17:55 +0200

Hi all,

Iám running a small home network. One SuSe Linux 6.2 server running
squid and two win 98 pc's. I try to get Squid Authentication to work
with smb_auth which is included in the SuSe 6.2 distri.
I have put the in my squid.conf

authenticate_program /usr/bin/smb_auth -W hawedo.com
(my full domain name is bagus.hawedo.com)
acl domainusers proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow domainusers

further I have put a file proxyauth with "allow" in de /home/ dir.
with read permission to all users (for testing only)

Now when I try to connect trough squid from one of the win98
clients I'ám asked to provide username and password. I use the
same username and password as usually. But the access is denied.

When I give the command smb_auth -W hawedo.com
than there is no reply at all, and I have to stop
the process with Ctrl D.

Can somebody help me out

Thanks for any help, suggestions etc.

Rgds