RE: [SLE] Re: Alternative Web Browser
  • From: ethant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greg Thomas)
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 21:27:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Timothy R. Butler wrote:

> <rant>
> I have to disagree with you whole heartedly on this one. Junkbuster hides
> ads, and ads are the price of free information. If you disable ads, you are
> stealing my and every other ad-based web site's content. If everyone
> disabled ads, there would be a lot less free information on the web. It's
> just not fair to the people working hard to bring you the content you enjoy.
>
> </rant>

If the ads go unnoticed by me even when they show up on a page why should
I not filter ads? And aren't you also implying that free (as in free
beer) software can only be supported by ads? If that's the case I'd
rather pay for software (or web information if I truly need it) than use
an app such as Gozilla! or the new, free versions of Eudora.

Anyway, I get much more useful information from usenet than from the web.

Greg