Re: [SLE] How do I start Helix Gnome?
  • From: muzh@xxxxxxxxxx (muzh)
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 13:44:14 +1200

Rolando Roman wrote:

> i install via gnome helix and i dont know
> where the installatin went.
> after gdm login manager kde starts, from
> console i typed gdm and gnome login promts
> but kde starts again, i started fvwm and
> tried gnome-session and i get this error
> PLEASE HELP DYING TO SEE GNOME BACK AGAIN

My installation went into /opt/gnome.
Try:
1) exec gnome-session as the last line of your ~/.xinitrc file
2) deleting the directory ~/.gnome (if it exists). (Don't worry -- it
will be recreated)

Funny -- my installation went without a hitch!! or maybe a slight one
-- I had gnome running with windowmaker at first, something I could not
change until I deleted the ~/.gnome directory.

Never trust a man in a suit --
cll