Re: [SLE] Re: Perl / Python
  • From: samelash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Samy Elashmawy)
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 11:15:29 +0000

Very good advice . I have down loaded two short tutoials instant python ,
and instant hacking - learninfg to program with python both by M. Hetland.
They are short tutorials with instant hacking assuming very little
programming and instant oython assuming some sort of previos programming.
Both are very good and its nice to be able to read them over a week end ,
unlike a book that is several hundred pages. I aslo have orielys learning
python , wich is much more extensive and orientated toward the beginer
programmer.

I hadent thought of downloading the refrence docs and lib docs , but will
now do so after reading the above two short tutorials.

What do the lib docs cover as compared to the refrence book ? and what have
you used for access to an sql server ie mSQL or Postgres ?