Re: [SLE] assigning multiplie IPs to same interface

At 08:33 AM 06/01/00 -0500, Chad Whitten wrote:
>IP aliasing is the thing you need - it has to be enabled in the kernel
>if it is, the setup eth0:0 as 192.168.0.2

I'm using just the yast installed kernel from the distribution. I'm going
to assume it's not in my kernel, but I also assume that I can use the
ip_alias module. But it's not on my machine.

Anyone know where to download it? Any tricks to building the module?

BTW - I searched the SuSE htdig archives for ip_alias, and it says 4
results, but doesn't show them. I would expect to find something on this
at the SuSE site.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@xxxxxxxx