Re: [SLE] Hard Drive follies
  • From: gaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jerry Feldman)
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 09:17:24 -0400

Neither the DOS or the Linux fdisks are a panaceia. I use Partition Magic.
I have 2 diskettes to boot it. It allows you to change types, format,
create, move, resize and check. I have not tried to run it under dosemu.
When I run the Linux installfests, I make sure that I bring at least 1 copy
of Partition Magic as well as a bootable MS-DOS disk so I can do an fdisk
/mbr to clear the master boot record. Partition Magic is one utility that
is well worth its price. System Commander is another partitioning tool,
but I prefer Partition Magic.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group