[SLE] NFS permissions question
  • From: avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Avi Schwartz)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:50:09 -0500

Hi,

Having 4 computers on my small network, it becomes tedious to use ftp to
move files around. I would like to start using nfs. I can export
directories on one machine and mount them on another, but what I would
like to do is limit who can do what. For example, I am exporting my
home directory: squid:/home/avi seahorse(rw,root_squash)

I have two problems with this export:

1. Unless I specify the option 'user' in fstab, mount will not allow me
to mount this share as a regular user.
2. If I set the fstab options to 'user', anyone can mount this share to
the default mount point.

Is there a way to get around these problems?

Thanks,
Avi

--
Avi Schwartz Get a Life