Re: [SLE] Athlon madness
  • From: rost0005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Alexander Stragies)
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:47:28 +0200

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Philipp Thomas wrote:
> * Robert Alexander Stragies (rost0005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [20000416 18:27]:
>
> > it just refuses booting,
>
> Any error messages before it gives up?
yep, "boot failed, change disks" or something to that extent

> > do i need the kernel for the special ide chipsets, cause the fic
> > mainboard has the VIa chipset?
>
> Not for booting, because IDE support is always enabled in our kernels. But
> for using DMA/UDMA, you will need the kernel for special eide chipsets.
so, i should give this image a whirl? , cause the disk is a 15gig maxtor
DMA?

> Once again, if you have a 6.3, try booting from the cdrom, it *should* work.

i only have a 6.0, all other installs since i have done with ftp.
what does a 6.4 cost in the german market and could i get a student rebate
As i asked before, would a faulty disk make rawrite complain?
should i try scandisk w/ surface scan on the floppy before using rawrite?

thank you,