Re: [SLE] Filesystems
  • From: chris.reeves@xxxxxxxxx (Chris Reeves)
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:14:45 +0100

Yatsen Ng wrote:

> Basically what it comes down to is this: I've copied vmlinuz to a floppy and
> now I want to coppy it to another PC. So far I haven't been able to copy it to
> the other PC.

Right then, how did you copy it onto that floppy in the first place? 'dd',
'make bzdisk', 'cat', 'cp'?

If it was one of the first three, you're pretty much stuck, since to get it off
using 'dd' or 'rawrite', you would have to know the exact size of the kernel,
or else you'ld just take an image of the entire floppy disk (since they won't
know when to stop copying). If you used 'cp', the floppy will have a filesystem
on it, which brings us back to your original question... ;-)

So how did you make this disk?

Bye,
Chris

--
Apologies to everyone who has been waiting for replies off me over the past few
weeks - I've been away from my computer. I'll try to catch up with my email