[SLE] Yast freezes, have to hardware reboot
  • From: europax@xxxxxxxx (europax@xxxxxxxx)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:44:21 -0700

Hello all,

I recently upgraded my EIDE hard drive to a SCSI. I followed the steps
in the Hard Drive Upgrade HOWTO. I also recompiled the kernel for SCSI
support. Everything seems to be working except for Yast. When I start
it I get the opening screen and then it freezes. None of the usual
commands work for stopping the job or rebooting. I have to turn off
power and reboot.

Here are the steps I have taken so far to resolve the problem:

1. checked permissions of a number of directories and all of the Yast
files I could find. Everything looks OK. (I still have the first HD in
place so I can compare)

2. deleted the Yast package, then reinstalled it, still have the
problem.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Rob.