Re: [SLE] Bypassing IPChains
  • From: Admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brevsville Administrator)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:20:12 -0700

Hi Chris

Thanx for your thoughts. I can ping out to anywhere, but I can't ping back from
anywhere to teh 212 machine. Traceroute to the x.x.211 machine works fine, and
that machine is on the inside of the router (cisco 801). But if I traceroute to x.x.212
it times out on the outside of the router (isp side). This suggests to me that the ISP
is not routing my complete ip range, but they say they are.,

What next?

TIA

Chris

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:18:57 +0100, Chris Reeves wrote:

>Brevsville Administrator wrote:
>>
>> I have a SuSE 6.3 box operating as a dialup server to the internet. When the
user
>> dialin they are assigned ip's in the range 192.168.x.x using ipchains to route
them
>> through our permanent ip of 210.x.x.211. This works perfectly.
>>
>> I have another machine on the local LAN with an IP of 210.x.x.212. From this
>> machine I can access the internet by setting the 210.x.x.211 machine as the
>> gateway. This works with no ipchains set.
>>
>> My problem is that from the internet if I dialin from any other isp, I can ping the
>> 210.x.x.211 gateway, so I know the packets are getting through the internet and
>> landing inside our network, but I cannot ping the 210.x.x.212 machine.
Something