Re: [SLE] telnet port 25
  • From: fmmarzoa@xxxxxxxxxxx (Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:38:33 +0200

Hey, i know a Eva Nieto in Spain, surely you're family, sure, really,
believe me... X)

Silvia Nieto Santos wrote:

> Hello
> I'd like to know if when you do telnet to port 25 ( SMTP ) are
> ther any command tha attach a file ?

Not really

> I want to mean that if with the telnet can you send a mail with a
> file attached?

Yes, you can, but not directly with a TELNET nor SMTP command,
attachments are closed within the body of a message, there's no
diference for the SMTP (even less than nothing for TELNET) on what's
you're sending, a message or an attachment. You may use 'uuencode' on
the file you want to attach and this command will output that file
encoded to an ASCII form useful for send it within a mail message, then
you just need to paste that encoded result in the body of your message.

Did you understand? If you need an spanish translation let me know
about, i write in spanish light years better than in english X)

> Thank you

Thanks? just thanks? Are you from madrid? what about a beer one day of
these? X)

--
Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso
Nuevo Mundo - Dpto. Informático ICQ#: 62850923