  • From: kukuk@xxxxxxx (Thorsten Kukuk)
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 20:04:05 +0200

On Tue, Apr 04, Herman Knief wrote:

> By default (if you've installed the tftp package - I believe it is part
> of netkitb) it is enabled. Create a directory called /tftpboot and verify

That's wrong. tftp is not enabled by default. You need to edit
/etc/inetd.conf and send a SIGHUP to inetd.

> the existance of the tftp entry in the /etc/inetd.conf and the binary
> /usr/sbin/in.tftpd.
> Create the files (or at least 'touch' the name of the file). If you wish
> to copy a config from a Cisco to the tftp server, the file need to
> world writeable. If you only wish to copy the configs to the routers,
> then world readable is fine.

Since tftpd runs as nobody, you should make sure that nobody can
read and write the files.

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk@xxxxxxx
SuSE GmbH Schanzaeckerstr. 10 90443 Nuernberg
Linux is like a Vorlon. It is incredibly powerful, gives terse,