RE: [SLE] Power management
  • From: jpennington@xxxxxxxxx (Jon Pennington)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:41:30 -0600

> > I would have thought it's purely a BIOS function except for
> > that last sentence.

You need the package apmd installed, and you need to use YaST or an editor to
make it so that:

START_APMD="yes"

is in /etc/rc.config. If you do it by hand, don't forget to run SuSEconfig
afterwards. I'd also recommend installing SuSE's APM-enabled kernel and
.config file, so that you can examine which kernel options are safe and which
ones aren't. From that .config file, go ahead and make the changes to other
subsystems to build a kernel for your own needs if you like. Another package
to consider (if you X server supports DPMS and you use KDE) is kdpms from
[kpa] :).

--
-=|JP|=-
Jon Pennington | Atipa Linux Solutions