RE: [SLE] Chat script error message
  • From: gqs@xxxxxxxxxx (Graham Smith)
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 02:34:40 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

I was getting this problem intermittently with a script I was using to get
E-Mail on my company's server via cron. I can't remember the exact solution to
the problem as it was a while back when I solved it among other problems.

The one thing I remember was that if my ISP was slow at responding to my pap
request it would cause this problem. From what I can remember if the ISP is
slow to repond to the PAP request the pppd program would timeout and report
the same message as below.

I would have to check the options file on the server at work to give you the
details. Unfortunatly I will not be in the office till Monday or Tuesday.

Hope this helps,

Graham Smith