Re: [SLE] Network Printer
  • From: herman@xxxxxxxxx (Herman Knief)
  • Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 20:40:23 -0800

Let's face it... this is one area where SuSE seems to fall on it's face. Yast
just doesn't do the rest the of the distro justice when it comes to setting up
printers. There's no option for specifiying a printer type when dealing with
remote printer, and even though you can specify a printer type with local
printers, the selections are horribly dated. I hate to say it, but this is one
area where Turbo Linux and RedHat both have SuSE beat.

This is one major area that I'd like to see improvement in... especially in
working with Linux in an office environment (as I do!)

- Herman