Re: [SLE] Segmentation fault + Aiee's + Oops !!
  • From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:31:27 +0000 (GMT)

Well, I'm encouraged. Thanks to BobF for pointing me in the right direction. I
found the home page for Memtest86, pulled it off, built it, installed it in
LILO and booted it.

So far it's found 89 errors in just two passes. Both times the errors came
from test 6. I'm going to leave it running overnight to see how many it clocks
up. In any case, I think I've got some solid evidence to take the memory back
to the supplier, who fortunately is just 5 minutes drive away.

I'll write again in a few days time when I have more news.

Regards,

John